Tuesday, April 24, 2012

dear life, i win.


5 weeks away from writing?! what is that!
i apologize... i suck at sticking to this sometimes, but life has been busy. good busy, great busy!
exciting
fun
stressful
happy
imbibed at times
strong
changing

yup... those words pretty much cover it! Two visits from family members, back to training, buying a new car, selling my old car, redoing budgets because of that car and my re commitment to a paleo lifestyle, and yes... dating.

healthy dating... finally! aren't we all proud. im not ready to discuss much about this person unless we decide to move forward into a relationship, so for now know that i really enjoy building a great friendship with this person. and im happy with and without them. a first.

life is pretty freaking good. it has a manageable amount of stress, im healthier than ever and look great. im STRONG.

So much of my time this year has been reflective and finding true inner peace. Shakespeare's words form Hamlet "to thine own self be true" have resonated with me immensely. It has become my mantra. True happiness lies within ourselves, our true selves. No one else can love us if we do not love our self for who we really are. I have never been more content with life than i am now, and that is not because of any other person. other people have tried to spread lies about me, tear me down, which would normally break me to pieces. But for the first time, I know me and I don't care. I gave myself two birthday presents this month... a new car and a new tattoo. in the past because of my upbringing I've always felt guilty after getting another tattoo. for the first time ever... i felt happiness.



dear life,

i win.

lo

No comments:

Post a Comment